Monday 14 March 2016

Weekend Work

I've started texturing more often now, and I've realised that I hadn't really textured enough simple models which is an important step. I tried to texture my Codsworth model as soon as I learned to UV unwrap and just got lost, but if I had started with a crate or a barrel and then progressively upgraded to more complex model then I wouldn't have a problem. So that's what I'm going to do, start now and then before long I'll have texturing in the bag.

Other than texturing I've just dabbled in some other projects, some of which are from last year and need completing. 


Here's another 80s inspired vinyl cover, I tried to go for a more simplistic style as all my previous pieces seemed to be getting more and more detailed. 

I think I wrote about making a vinyl cover model and putting these images on as textures, but I thought I'd make sure.


CannyRunner is my first solo game, I made it shortly after I started the course and go back to it every few weeks to add new things to it, but never seem to get anywhere. Its the project I'm most comfortable with working on since everything is made in photoshop. I'd like to get a menu screen with a level selector in place, but I don't really have time. Maybe when we start animating I can fit in making my own character that can move about nicely.


Adding levels and new enemies is also something I love, with the small red berries being able to circle around ledges, (such as the one at the top of the screen), to the rotating blueberries that give the player a short window of room to get from ledge to ledge, (such as the two berries at the bottom of the screen). If I do continue making this, I'd like to have different settings with different enemies that have special attacks.


My personal VFX project is nearing completion (finally) and should be finished around the beginning of the Easter Holidays. The reason its taken so long is simply that I've never been happy enough with the outcome, and have either cut, changed, or completely restarted it numerous times. Now though I'm happy, the outcome is looking promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment