Monday 21 March 2016

photoshop and vinyl model

I've made numerous 1000 x 1000 images that are based on 80s vinyl covers and I've talked about making a vinyl cover model. I chose the brightest image to start with which is this one:


The model itself was really simple to make, I just made a cube with an equal square on top, then I flattened the edges slightly to give the 'aged' effect.


Obviously with the model being square, it was simple to both unwrap and to texture, when it came to texturing I just had to get the png I made, (top of the post) and just changed the size to match the square.

I decided to render the model in 3ds max to get the full detail.


Overall I like the way the model looks, even though its really simple, it was always going to look decent even if I had used a rubbish model. I'll use the same model for future pieces I make, such as this:


As always I'll keep posting on each piece I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment