Thursday 3 March 2016

New model idea!


Today we focussed on our drawing skills, starting with a quick sketch of a classmate, then an environment similar to either a futuristic bedroom, or a fantasy shop. Both drawings weren't anything special in my opinion, however Matty asked us to draw out an object of our choice that would fit into our environment, ready for us to model in 3ds max tomorrow. 

I chose a blunderbuss, Hunters' Blunderbus to be exact, although I've never created any character called Hunter I like to think that this is his weapon of choice, (he's a bit dim hence his weapons spelling). I like the idea of modelling a gun because its something I've never even attempted, and since its a fantasy weapon I can pull out all the stops to make it as over-the-top as possible.

If the modelling goes well then I'll try and use the weapon in some project other than the museum level I'm making. But thats something to focus on later.


No comments:

Post a Comment