Sunday 20 March 2016

Update on medieval models

With the medieval weapons coming along nicely I've decided to begin making a scene on Unity to display them properly. Its set in a dungeon with the player starting in a doorway leading into the main room, I'd like the room to be circular, but keep the textures tidy so right now the room could turn out to be any shape. Along with displaying some models the room will also be home to my horror game, as the forest setting I made previously didn't feel up to scratch.

Of course this means that more models will need to be made including wall torches, prison bars, doorways, and perhaps a statue. I've created a door to start that will be displayed behind the players initial spawn point.



I used a wooden texture and mirrored it to give the door some symmetry then drew a line using a basic brush down the centre, and finally added some door handles that match the scene.

I think the door looks nice, for something the player will take very little notice of I think it fits its purpose well. I'm also really happy the texture isn't stretched in any noticeable way as that was an issue with some previous models.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment