Friday 11 March 2016

New Models, Screenshots and texturing progress

To go with the weapon theme, I've decided to try two models I couldn't do a few months ago to see how much progress I'd really made. I started with a warhammer that would fit into the medieval collection Finley and I have started, and then a sniper rifle just because I've always wanted to make one.





Along with these models I also used Finley's models in my Unity level to showcase them in a similar environment to the era they're from. He's textured a sword and it looks really nice, He'll probably have made a post about it on his blog. Since the sword was displayed on my computer I took some screenshots for him to showcase the model.



I used Photoshop to enhance the vibrance and added some lens flares, but the effect can be easily replicated in Unity itself, I'll play about with the levels and add a skybox soon then I'll add some of the new models I have.

Speaking of new models, I tried modelling and texturing a bridge similar to the one near Riverwood in Skyrim.


The model was very simplistic, so I could give texturing a good go and it worked to an extent. I found a decent texture and spent about half an hour putting the texture in place. The outcome wasn't pretty at all because I'd left out two faces and the texture itself was stretched horribly. Although it seems like a massive failure, I did understood what I was doing with both the UV unwrapping and the Photoshopping sides of things, I'll keep at it and if I spend more time being thorough I might get texturing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment