Friday 4 March 2016

Blunderbuss Model!

Yesterday I drew out an image of an object that would fit in the environment I had created. I chose a tavern owners blunderbuss, with a fantasy-esque look to it.



Today I modeled the weapon and it went much better than I had first anticipated. There were no issues that forced me to re-think the way I'd make the model and it looks almost exactly the same to what I wanted yesterday, minus the round scope, (looks better with a square scope).





I'm going to texture the blunderbuss using a more simplistic art style, similar to the art used in Team Fortress 2. I'm unsure what the exact reason is, but I think it would look odd with a realistic texture finish, it needs brighter and bolder colours.

Lee helped me with the render settings and the lighting so I could get a crisp image to display here. It also gives me an idea of what a textured version could look like.


Overall I'm happy with the model, it looks high quality and wasn't that difficult to make. I'm looking forward to working on similar models in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment