Wednesday 16 March 2016

Animation and New Model!

We started animating today using either Maya, or Flash depending on whether you were making a 3d, or 2d animation. I decided on trying a 2d animation since I've had a little bit of experience in the past. It's like texturing for me, just because its not the most difficult thing, but it takes a while to get a good product.

Years ago I used a program called Pivot that allowed me to control multiple stickmen and all of their limbs. Although it seems useless, the frame-by-frame process that Pivot uses has left some helpful information. Leaving characters from frame to frame was an issue I always ran into, I'd work on one fight seen on one side of the screen and progress a few frames then realise that the other fight scene has stopped entirely, its an issue I don't think I'll have anymore.


I decided on making and texturing a model as well, one that would be fairly easy to texture and would fit the theme for Finley and I's project. I had a pretty narrow selection to choose from, and eventually settled on a shield.

It's really basic and the texturing could be cleaner, but I had no issues unwrapping or texturing it at all, my next model will be more complex, maybe a dagger of some form. I'm actually quite looking forward to the outcome.




The last image is the rendered outcome, which is what the shield would look like in game, its slightly stretched but isn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment