Thursday 4 February 2016

Zombie Game Improvements

Last week I started working on an arcade-like style 2d game in which the player has to last as long as possible running from a horde of zombies, and avoiding numerous obstacles along the way. Although the project was made for a gamejam, but I said before I'd continue down the road, so here I go.

So I started by completely restarting the project.


The idea is based on copter, and temple run as my project takes inspiration from both games, copter for the continuous obstacle course and increasing speed, and temple run for the following horde that never slows down and will inevitably kill you eventually.

The aim of my game is re-playablility, there isn't a goal to reach, you just try and make it as far as possible and get the highest score you can. Flappy Bird used this message and that was the most popular game on the app store for well over a month.

As of now im going to code a killzone that moves left at a constant speed, with a horde overlay. This should look nice when the final product is finished.





No comments:

Post a Comment