Wednesday 24 February 2016

Unity Programming Project #2

My plan for this project is to create rough levels that I can use as a template while I get the code to work properly. I'll keep the models to another post so I can go into detail about how I made them and how I textured them, but that's for another time. To ensure the code works I'm just going to use plains with walls in the Unity engine.

I've drawn up a diagram of how I want the game to work:


The diagram shows a top-down view of the games layout, with 4 medium sized rooms connected by 4 narrow corridors. The red line is a trigger, and will randomly select a room layout, (I plan on making upwards of 15), I have used this corridor as a trigger point because the player will not be able to see the two rooms from this position. The green line will do the same thing, but for the other two rooms.

This 'changing room' mechanic is the main feature of the game, the player should get a feeling that they're going in circles. The other main feature is similar to slender, where you are constantly being followed by something.


The hardest thing about this whole project is going to be the changing room mechanic, I'm going to test it by having about 8 rooms with different box-layouts to see if I can get it to look good enough. The following slender-like monster isn't too much of an issue.

Other than these two main features I may add some collectables so players really get involved in the rooms and panic more, but I'll leave that for later.


This is what I have right now, I'll leave the walls invisible so I can see the triggers in action without having to move through the level.

No comments:

Post a Comment