Friday 5 February 2016

R2D2 Inspired Model! And Texturing Idea!

I spent a few hours this afternoon modelling some random small objects, but I thought since I hadn't properly modelled something intricate and detailed in a while, I'd spend all my time making something impressive. 

I first browsed Google images looking for some inspiration, deciding on the statue of liberty. I began making the base and got fairly far through it until I realised that the actual statue portion would take far too long, I'm going to try again in the upcoming days.

After another browse of Google images I settled on R2D2, and got to work on making a new version of the droid. As I often end up doing with models like this, I added extra detail and random gadgets here and there.



Over the next few days I'm going to really get into texturing this and my previous model, (Codsworth) so they finally look top quality.

My idea for these models is going to be a museum like scene, with one room and multiple models showcased for the player to see. I think it'll be a better way to view them, instead of just going through a folder. I'm torn between Unity and Unreal, but personally I think Unreal will do a better job.

Heres the Codsworth I made a few months ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment