Saturday 13 February 2016

Virtual Reality

A few days ago I had the pleasure of using a virtual reality headset for the first time, I thought I'd go through how I feel on VR and some benefits they could bring, along with some game ideas as well.

My Opinion: I really enjoyed the brief time I had using the headset, I thought it fit well and the focus wheel was useful for clearing the image. When matched with a pair of headphones you  really get sucked into the game, the volume was low so I could here the instructions, but if it was turned up I would have completely forgotten I was where I was. As for any nausea, I couldn't feel anything, I only used it for about 2 minutes so I can't really say much about it.

Overall I liked the whole experience, I think VR is something that can change the way we do day to day tasks, and can add a whole new layer to the gaming and video world.

 
Uses in the Game Industry: VR has already began to enter the gaming scene with Oculus leading the charge. Youtube Gamers have really generated hype for these products, with Pewdiepie and Markiplier both making incredibly popular videos on VR games, if people that make millions playing games are giving a product high reviews then sales will increase massively.

VR in games has little to prove, soon games will be made solely for VR and if they are good enough then VR headsets will sell. 


VR is here to stay, soon it will begin to make its way into everyday tasks and entertainment, and in the near future there will be VR shows that are immersive as anything. I really doubt that it will fade away any time soon, just look at what people said about game consoles years ago and how far they've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment