Wednesday 3 February 2016

Inspiration for vfx

Right now I have two very different projects to work on, one being my college film which is going to be much more of a skit that uses effects that are not noticeable, while the other is my gameplay edit, which uses vary noticeable effects.

I have made a short edit on gameplay that is currently being uploaded, (Blogger is taking a while so it may come out tomorrow morning). And have been looking around at some videos similar to the two I'm working on.

First: Professional Counter Strike team's best plays in the year, edited by SiCKO. I use his tutorials all the time and have done for a while now. Even though its all in-game, he knows how to record the best angles and build up footage,


Second: A short film recorded and edited by a member of Funhaus. I like shorts like this not only because they're entertaining, but also because the outcome is achievable by almost anyone, none of the people involved are actors in any way, nor are they directors, editors, etc.

Despite the acting being pretty bad, they film keeps its humour thanks to the plot. The stories are always spontaneous and unusual, so much so that the acting itself is overlooked. They use stupid plots that are hard to keep up with and just end up being funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment