Tuesday 9 February 2016

Mapping Idea: pt1

I've recently started a project outside of college that involves the Hammer SDK engine for Counter Strike: Global Offensive. It's something that wont get in the way of college work and is purely a hobby, but I thought I'd post some of my progress here. 

The goal of this project is to have a functioning map that I can post to the community and can play around in. 

Scene: I'm edging towards an eastern-European town with old clock towers and colourful houses, along with old cobbled roads. I also want it to be set on a autumn morning with a cold atmosphere.


 
Layout: I have used photoshop to make a working layout, at the end of the day I want the map to work in competitive play, so having the angles and vantage points evenly placed is equally important as the look, if not more.

Here is the map I drew out. 'T' is the area where the attackers spawn, their goal being to destroy either 'A', or 'B' sites with an explosive. 'CT' is the area where the defending team spawns, they will defend both 'A' and 'B' from the enemy team.


I wont go into detail about how the game works and plays out, however if you are interested in it I'll provide a link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DywcK-vLbqE


I'll try and get the next part out in the next few days, and then another in half term, rest assured that if I'm not posting about it, its due to other work being more important or I just don't have enough progress done for another part. I will get this project finished whether it takes 2 months or 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment