Friday 19 February 2016

Unity Programming Project

In my last post I talked about an idea I had for a game that would develop my skills in programming, the idea was a 2d puzzle game in a world of three colours, black, white, and grey. I don't have a name for it yet, just the basic characteristics of the game. You play as a ninja similar to the character in N+ except you can change from black to white by clicking the left and right mouse buttons, you need to be the opposite colour to the background to survive, there would be areas called 'grey-zones' in which you can be both colours. The art style is again similar to N+ using bold colours and sharp edges.

This was going to be my next Unity project for the next few weeks, until I remembered the game jam coming up next weekend, I think I'd rather spend the weekend making this, or a variation of this, and spend the upcoming weeks on another game.

So I was thinking about making something different for my next project, and finally had an idea when playing Amnesia. I really enjoy horror games, and especially liked working on Wolfs Rest a while ago. I can also use any models I make in my spare time such as the gramophone I made, I'd be able to model, texture, and program all in for one game!

I'm aiming more for a psychological horror that plays mind games on the player, an effect I really want to code is procedurally generating levels. It was used in a Unity game called 'Where am I?' where anything behind your field of view could change completely, so if you did a full rotation the room you were in could have completely transformed. I'll find a video that shows gameplay and link it below.


Link to gamplay

No comments:

Post a Comment