Monday 15 February 2016

Mapping Idea: pt2

Recently I've been playing Stalker and really liked the setting of the game, so much so that it subconsciously changed my mind on the setting of my map. This happens to me too often, I start a project with the final product in mind and then completely alter it until it barely resembles my initial idea. Anyway I've started adding some textures and have changed the map layout slightly to make the level flow better.



Its difficult to see the layout changes between the two from the images above so I made a clearer one on photoshop.


The main changes are the new route to B from T spawn, and a new connector to A below the previous one. These are simply to make life for the enemy team easier and to make the map fair, the last thing I want is an unbalanced level because the community will simply hate on it.

Other changes include cutting off the A routes for T players, pushing the A to connector to middle back to favour the T players, and made both A and B sites larger so the CT players can defend from more angles.

I've started working on basic aesthetics for the map, but I feel as though that should be shown in another blog when the entire level is basically textured.


I recently posted about making the statue of liberty and how it would be difficult to make, however I had an idea to make a model, (maybe a statue, maybe not) and include it in the map as decoration. Maybe a vent, or building of some for the players to look at.

On the topic of models, I've started texturing my Codsworth model and should have a progress blog on that soon, its just really proving difficult. I think that texturing is definitely something I need to knuckle down on and get perfected.

No comments:

Post a Comment