Friday 29 January 2016

The VFX Shoot

Today was the day we filmed our project in its entirety, and it went so much better than we hoped it would. Using the Next Gen suite as our stage, Allan went to work doing his best frustrated nerd impression and made as few mistakes as possible.

Things that went right: Most of the recordings went well, we had to redo a few shots once or twice but there wasn't any glaring issues that stopped us from achieving the goal.



With the editing we encountered one problem, the image on a monitor changes from one shot to the next, however Matty taught us an effect where we can move a composition to fit on a TV, we can use this method to fix the issue. Other than that we had no other issues that I could see. If I run into any I will post about it along with any fixes I can use.

Issues weren't a common theme during recording, we had a few bloopers that were noted down, but thats about it, we all know eachother and communicated well without fuss or argument.

I imagine that any real issues will come about during editing, and even then I think we did a good job of keeping continuity in order, so fingers crossed we haven't got anything that ruins the video.



Our project is more of a short skit, there aren't any fight scenes, or explosions, or real drama. We simply have Allan doing some coding work that is too much for him, therefore he clones himself numerous times. Allan is the only actor in the entire video and doesn't say much.

We all communicated well and worked together to make sure it all fit together, I'm quite surprised at the outcome to be honest, I haven't worked with anyone in my group on a project previously and we still got on just fine. No one sat back and did nothing while others had to pick up the slack.

Overall I am very happy, It surpassed my first expectations and we've all started getting to work on editing the clips.

There isn't anything I would change, if we all worked together again I think we'd do the same thing, but with a new idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment