Wednesday 13 January 2016

Video Progress and pixel art

A few weeks ago I posted an update on a video project I was working on, I'll link it below;

I haven't updated it since the end of the Christmas break because I had to get back into the swing of things in college. Now we're doing VFX I can continue with the video in my spare time and gain some more experience in Sony Vegas' FX tools.

I've always used Sony Vegas for cutting and combining clips of gameplay, but I have rarely touched upon the effects side of things, I'm going to start getting some practise in now and before long I should have a nice looking video. I'll have it done in the next few weeks so stand by.


I've also started looking at Pixel Dailies on Twitter, Ant told us about it a while ago so I figured I'd try some things out. The first image had to be related to apes.

Its more time consuming than difficult, I simply brought up an image of a monkey on one monitor and then used Photoshop to make a cartoon version using the pencil tool.


While the second was about headshots.

This one was a little more in depth, as you can see I used a black pencil with low opacity to make shadows look nicer then went over it multiple times to give a gradient-look. I'm really happy with this.


A few pixel art accounts have retweeted and liked it which I'm really happy with, I'm going to continue creating these whenever I have time, if anything interesting happens with them I'l post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment