Friday 8 January 2016

Finished Environment!

We've gone through a quick, but eventful week recently, starting with gathering inspiration on Tuesday. My starting idea was a desolate wasteland surrounding an extremely tightly packed city full of rich snobs that ignore the poor survivors that roam outside. 

Most of my inspiration came from Fallout and Victorian London, I really liked the idea of it even though it was nonsensical. 


 

I then created a mock up of the best angle to draw using photoshop. This turned out so mcuh better than I had anticipated. I like how simple it looks and how the lighting looks. I want to make more images like this just for fun, if and when I get a drawing pad I can blend the accuracy of the pad and the sharpness of the photoshop image.


We then used the drawing tablets for a short while and got used to how they feel. I really prefer them to using a mouse and keyboard, and pencil and paper just because you can iron any mistakes out with the eraser, but get a pencil-like effect.


Today we were given the best part of 4 hours to create our environment from start to finish, I changed a few things from the image above in my final product, for instance the colours; at first I thought the effect looked suitable for the scene, but after looking at it for a second time I realized that it just looks bland. I added some green to the image and in my opinion it improved the look by quite a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment