Friday 22 April 2016

Top Down game #1

I've never fully invested in a Unity project since the the beginning of the course, I always get an idea, spend hours/days doing loads of work, then lose interest and never open the project again... then repeat. Anyway I want to stick to this project until I actually get a finished game, my idea might change halfway through, but I'll not start again, just change what I have.

My idea is to make a top down zombie survival game that uses similar movement and weapon mechanics to Hotline Miami. I want to lineament a timer that counts how long a player has lived for, as well as a leaderboard.




Despite the game being somewhat inspired by Hotline Miami, the art style bares no resemblance, I'm trying to keep this a code-heavy game, so I really dont want to get carried away with making assets that are really detailed.

So far I have a nice movement system in place where the player model looks towards the mouse cursor and moves using the W, A, S, D. And in a few days I should have a lot more.


The only issue I have is the time I have over the weekend, or rather the lack of time I have. I'll make some progress with this, but maybe not enough for a blog. With exams coming up next Tuesday, most of my time is going towards revision. I'll get something out before then, whether it be a full blog on the game, or a small post about it on an update blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment