Friday 15 April 2016

Iron Giant model

I'd finished my essay before Matty's lesson today, so I had four hours to do whatever as long as I could use it in my portfolio. I hadn't made a really detailed model in a while, so I decided to start making something. I looked around google for inspiration when I stumbled upon this:


The iron giant worked so well with what I wanted to do, it's a robot which allows me to change faces and edges to match my idea, it goes with my other models such as, codsworth, and r2d2, and finally its a challenge. I've never gotten far with making models that have legs/feet, I'd always given up until this point. I decided that no matter how difficult it was, I'd get it finished.

Overall I am happy with it, it could look better with practice, however for my first attempt its good, I thought it would be difficult to texture, but to be honest I'll only need to add a material to the eyes, and stomach area.


I'll give it a go, and hopefully in the next few days I'll have an update to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment