Sunday 13 December 2015

Wolfs Rest Assets

My goal at the moment is to texture as many assets as possible to make the asylum look a appropriate as possible. I'm starting with the larger assets such as benches, desks, and shelving units, this allows me to lay-out the level properly so every area is equally detailed.

Ive looked at some other indie projects on Unity mainly Slendermans Shadow. The game itself barely scrape into the 'horror' genre, but the levels themselves are fairly detailed and look similar to what Wolfs Rest's outcome should be.



Despite Slendermans Shadow being a first person game that relies on jump scares and ambient sounds, the look of the game matches our own, focussing more on making things look smart and clean rather than overly detailed messes that don't blend together.

I'm looking forward to the outcome of this project, its something I really want to finish and already I can see the progress I have made. I know that some people in the group aren't doing quite as much as I personally would like, but that comes down to Lee not being a communicative leader, something he needs to fix.

Once the assets are complete it comes down to finishing the character movement and interaction, im exited to see what Lee has ready.





No comments:

Post a Comment