Friday 11 December 2015

new model!

I wanted to test myself with the modelling for the Unreal project, I thought that a vintage object would look good in the future setting we have, making a contrast. I chose a gramophone, because the look embodies the 30s, and it has the ability to produce sound which we could maybe include into the game.



One of the lings I learned by making this model was the handle, although I could have added a new cylinder for the handle, Matty showed me a way to extrude a cylinder out of a cube.


I connected the opposite lines of a rectangle on the cube to create a diamond shape, and then cut a line from one corner to the other. After that it was just a case of adjusting the vertexes to make a cylindrical shape.


Here is a better representation of what I am trying to explain.

Overall I am happy with this and over the weekend I am going to attempt to texture it, along with the Codsworth I made a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment