Friday 13 May 2016

Some models + Updates

I've started using more than one shape in 3ds max to create models, as it was difficult to make some models that had multiple differing shapes. To kickstart the new plan I decided to create a room in 3ds max where every asset is a different shape.


I'm going to continue adding to this until I'm satisfied, (which'll probably include another room). I'd like to make a sofa and large tv with a stand.

I also modeled a sword using a new technique that builds upon the 'extruding cylinder from square surface' method. You pretty much do the same thing except you remove the lines connecting the circular face and then you chamfer the edges of the cylinder, this adds more polys and looks much better.

I also re-made the old 2d game I lost when my USB broke, (I think I talked about it before), and now with Chris and Ant here to help I think I can get a really good game made before the end of the month.


We're starting Flash again shortly with Chris which should be interesting, I've never gotten far enough into flash despite being a fan of the games you can get out of it. If I can make something even half as good as some of the games I've seen today I'll be happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment