Thursday 5 May 2016

New Claptrap model!

Since I made the codsworth model a while ago I've tried re-creating other famous robots, however almost all of them haven't been up to par. I'm going back through my old models to see which ones can be remade.

I found my old claptrap model and decided that it needed a remake, I don't understand why I found it so difficult beforehand, claptrap is built from a simple cube with a shrunken base. Here's the finished re-made model.





I really prefer making simpler looking models and adding more complex textures, overall it makes the job easier, its simple to UV unwrap and allows me to spend more time making the textures. 

Anyway, the model looks nicer than the previous and since it has fewer polys I can unwrap and texture it fairly easily, I'll post an update on it shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment