Monday 28 September 2015

EGX

EGX was a great experience, along with seeing all the games I enjoy and meeting youtubers iv'e watched for years, I also got to speak with some indie devs. The developer for a game called HaPiko gave me some information on the whole process of designing a mobile game, with replay-ability being the main feature. The game used the rule of 'easy to learn, hard to master' which makes the game addictive to the player because they always strive to do better than before.

I think iv'e learned more on pitching games than anything else, with the fallout 4 showcase being one of the best to get ideas from. You need a prominent face that knows what to say and how to say it, knowing the game is helpful, but knowing the fans is necessary.

All in all EGX was a big eye opener for me, I learned many things that I cant put down on a blog, but can fit into a project, so look to my future games to see what the event has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment