Thursday 9 June 2016

SWOT Analysis

SWOT, (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) can be used to identify a persons abilities in certain job roles. I'll write about my personal SWOT Analysis below to identify the things I'm good at, the things I'm not so good at, the things I can achieve, and finally the things that could threaten me in the future.

Strengths:

I work especially well as an individual, however my social skills allow me to work more than adequately in a group.

I have unique ideas and think outside the box.

Once I get into a project I spend most of my free time working on it.

I can adapt to new programs with ease and in a short amount of time.

I'm an all rounder; with knowledge in Photoshop, 3ds Max, Sony Vegas, and After Effects, as well as multiple Game Making programs.

Weaknesses:

I sometimes get new ideas mid-development and start over a lot.

I burn out quickly when it comes to larger projects, often spending a week or so non stop working then stop and struggle to stay interested.

I keep bad habits on some programs which can lead to wasting time.

I try and make everything perfect straight away, instead of getting a base project in place

Opportunities:

I'm on a next gen course and feel as though I'm progressing well.

My work can be seen by large companies such as Ubisoft and EA, which could lead to a job in the future.

We travel to different events to meet people well-known in the industry.

Threats: 

Only the best will go on to an immediate apprenticeship meaning I have to work extremely hard to get my work noticed.

There are quite a few people on the course, which increases the chance of better work beating mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment