Thursday 9 June 2016

Action Plan

I'm definitely comfortable within the games industry, I'm choosing it as my preferred industry. To further develop my skills I need to become more well-rounded, I'm great at 3d modelling and 2d art, however when it comes to texturing, programming, and my skills in most engines, it becomes clear that I'm lacking.

I can improve by simply buckling down and focusing on these topics instead of taking the easy route of doing work I'm already comfortable with. Of course it'll be a challenge but in the long run I'll improve greatly, which is what I need to do.

So my action plan is rather basic, just spend twice as much time working on unknown projects and tasks, and spend two times less on 3d modelling and 2d art. I'd set a minimum for the number of blogs required per week, which would most likely be 2.

That's the issue I've had this year, instead of fully branching out into games design I've simply learned something I enjoy and have fully devoted my time to that instead. Thankfully I can learn the other topics fairly quickly so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment